In this episode, Mark and Andy sit down and talk with Russell Klinner, Executive Director of Shocco Springs, a premier Christian Conference Center in Talladega, Alabama. This conversation raised some important issues concerning rest and why it is so important for leaders.
- “It’s about getting out there and removing those normal distractions of life that you have.”
- “We exist to provide an environment for God to divinely intersect people for eternal life change.”
- “We have 867 acres. We have over 40,000 guest each year. We can house 1500 on campus at at time.”
- “I think it is important for us to take that biblical example that Christ gives us, and get away.”
- “I got to spend about two and a half hours with a kid who has seen more in life than I’ll ever see, and I got to share the Gospel with him.”
- “That’s what it’s about. It’s not about facilities and bazooka ball and wet willy. Throw that stuff away. It’s about that minute that God eternally changes somebody.”